This is an extra special year for Kareena Kapoor. No, she isn’t tying the knot with the Junior Nawab of Pataudi, but this calendar year is truly significant for her in many ways.


Besides not having one single day or one single night free for the next five months because of her work commitment, Bebo, who will be living out of suitcases and travelling to almost every exotic location in the world, says she has made time for three important short personal breaks.

On August 16, Saif Ali Khan will be ringing in his 40th birthday and Bebo has a surprise planned for him. “I can’t tell you what it is or where I am whisking him off to,” she says impishly. “I will be shooting with Shah Rukh Khan on a foreign location at that point for Ra-1, so I’ll have to check and see how I can steal 24 hours off to be with my man. I’ll have to ask SRK for permission!”

On September 21, Bebo will turn 30 and this time around, the Nawab and his chotti begum will be in Prague shooting for Agent Vinod. “Here Saif is the producer,” she laughs. “So I’ll have to get permission from him to celebrate my birthday. I’m hoping he’ll be happy to oblige.”

From October to December 14, Kareena is scheduled to be shooting Heroine with Madhur Bhandarkar. “From December 15 to Jan 5, 2011, I’m going to my Swiss chalet,” says the Bollywood diva.

“After working round the clock, I think I deserve to put my feet up and have a nice vacation in the Alps for Christmas and New Year,” says Bebo. “I have one simple motto,” she adds, “If I’m going to work hard (like I have done for the last 10 years) then I must party harder. What use is my name, fame and money if it can’t get me four vacations a year? Preferably in a different world capital each time,” she chuckles.